Vincent B "Chip" LoCoco, Attorney at Law
|Chip LoCoco was born and raised in New Orleans, Louisiana, where he attended Jesuit High School and received his BA degree from Loyola University in 1990 with a concentration in History. He then went on to receive his J.D. degree from Loyola University Law School in 1993 and joined his father's firm, Many & LoCoco, after being sworn in as an attorney in October, 1993.|
Chip's emphasis in his law practice is probate, wills, estate planning, interdictions, powers of attorney, living wills and trusts. He has also been appointed by the Court in complex matters to represent the interest of individuals in many differing areas of law.
Martindale-Hubbell has given Chip an AV® Preeminent rating as an attorney, which is the pinnacle of excellence awarded by the Bar and the Judiciary to any individual attorney, recognizing that Chip has the highest possible rating available in legal ability and ethical standards. Chip was named by New Orleans Magazine as one of the "Top Lawyers" in the New Orleans area.
Chip is the member of many professional organizations such as the New Orleans Bar Association, the Louisiana State Bar Association and the St. Thomas More Catholic Lawyers Association. He is a Member of the Trusts, Estate, Probate and Immovable Property Law Section of the LSBA. He is also a Member of the New Orleans Estate Planning Council.
Chip is also involved in many social and community organizations such as the Krewe of Thoth, the Cefalutana Society and he is a Member of the Metropolitan Opera Guild. Chip is the current President of the St. Pius X Parish Pastoral Council and is the Recording Secretary for the St. Pius X Men's Club. He also serves on the St. Pius X School Board.
Away from law practice, Chip pursues his other interests. He is a recognized novelist. He has authored two novels, Tempesta's Dream and Bellafortuna. He gives talks on opera and Italian culture. He is also involved in coaching baseball and soccer in the community.
He is married and has two children.
He would be happy to assist you with your legal needs.
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
Many and LoCoco, Attorneys at Law
New Orleans, Louisiana
Attorney, August 1993 – Present
- Eighteen years of experience in the private practice of law
- AV Preeminent rated attorney by Martindale Hubbell
- Recognized by New Orleans Magazine as a New Orleans area "Top Lawyer".
- Emphasis on estate planning and probate
- Drafting Last Wills and Testaments to fit client’s needs
- Estate tax consequences
- Handled large client base with many different needs
- Contract drafting and reviewing
- Court appointed attorney for interdiction proceedings
- Represented the municipal Sewerage and Water Board employees in a privatization attempt of the entire water and plumbing system of New Orleans
PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE
Hailey MacNamara, Attorneys at Law
Law Clerk, May 1992–May 1993
Sewerage and Water Board of New Orleans
- Large insurance defense firm
- Drafted pleadings, wrote briefs and outlined depositions
- Researched legal matters
New Orleans, Louisiana
Law Clerk, May 1991-May 1992
- Researched legal matters for in house counsel
- Wrote briefs for 4th Circuit Court of Appeal
Loyola University Law School
New Orleans, Louisiana, August 1990-May 1993
Degree: Juris Doctor
Loyola University of New Orleans
New Orleans, Louisiana, August 1986-May 1990
Degree: Bachelor of Arts
Jesuit High School
- Dean’s List
- Baseball Team Captain
New Orleans, Louisiana, August 1982-May 1986
- Cum Laude graduate
- Baseball Team Letterman
CURRENT PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member Trusts, Estate, Probate and Immovable Property Law Section
- St. Thomas More Catholic Lawyers Association
- New Orleans Estate Planning Council
CURRENT SOCIAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- St. Pius X School Board
- St. Pius X Parish Pastoral Council, President
- St. Pius X Men’s Club, Recording Secretary
- Lakeview Baseball head coach
- Lakeview Soccer head coach
- Fort St. John Committee
- Krewe of Thoth
- Cefalutana, Sicily Society of New Orleans
PAST AFFILIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- New Orleans Opera Association
- Our Lady of Wisdom Healthcare Center Fundraising Committee
- Lakeview Playground Board of Directors
- Loyola University Alumni Board
- Jesuit High School Alumni Board
AWARDS AND INTERESTS
- Author of two novels
- Tempesta's Dream
- Second novel named a semifinalist in the William Faulkner Literary Competition
- Speaker at universities on Italian Culture
- Married to Wendy Hemel LoCoco
- Two Children
The Attorneys of Many & LoCoco assist clients with Estate Planning, Estate Planning for High Net Worth Individuals, Wills, Trusts, Estate Planning for Parents with Minor Children, Probate, Succession, Administration, Interdictions, Business Succession Planning, Power of Attorney, Advanced Medical Directives, and Special Needs Planning throughout Orleans Parish. We serve parts of Southern Louisiana, including but not limited to New Orleans, Metairie, Mandeville, Convington, Gretna, Arabi, Marrero, Westwego, Harvey, Chalmette, Kenner, and the Parishes of Orleans, Jefferson, St. Tammany, and St. Bernard, LA.