Chip LoCoco was born and raised in New Orleans, Louisiana, where he attended Jesuit High School and received his BA degree from Loyola University in 1990 with a concentration in History. He then went on to receive his JD degree from Loyola University Law School in 1993 and joined his father’s firm, Many & LoCoco, after being sworn in as an attorney in October, 1993.
His emphasis in law practice is probate, wills, estate planning, interdictions, powers of attorney, living wills and trusts. He has also been appointed by the Court in complex matters to represent the interest of individuals in many differing areas of law.
Martindale-Hubbell has given Chip an AV® Preeminent rating as an attorney, which is the pinnacle of excellence awarded by the Bar and the Judiciary to any individual attorney, recognizing that Chip has the highest possible rating available in legal ability and ethical standards.
Mr. LoCoco was named by New Orleans Magazine a “Top Lawyer” in the New Orleans area as well as a Top lawyer in the State of Louisiana. He has been recently named as a “Top Rated Lawyer in Trusts and Estates” by Corporate Counsel and American Lawyer Magazines. He has also achieved a “Superb” Rating by Avvo.
A frequent speaker on estate planing matters for many organizations such as the LSBA, NBI and Loyola University, he also gives an annual skills class to Loyola Law School students, teaching those students the craft of will writing.
Chip is the member of many professional organizations such as the New Orleans Bar Association, the Louisiana State Bar Association and the St. Thomas More Catholic Lawyers Association. He is a Member of the Trusts, Estate, Probate and Immovable Property Law Section of the LSBA, and is also a Member of the New Orleans Estate Planning Council.
He is also involved in many social and community organizations such as the Krewe of Thoth, the Cefalutana Society and he is a Member of the Metropolitan Opera Guild. Chip is the Past President of the St. Pius X Parish Pastoral Council and the Past President of the St. Pius X Men’s Club. He also served on the St. Pius X School Board and the Jesuit High School and Loyola University Alumni Boards.
In 2017, Chip and his wife, Wendy, were both awarded the prestigious Order of St. Louis Medal by the Archdiocese of New Orleans. This is the highest honor that can bestowed on a member of the Catholic laity which recognizes the contribution of their time and talent to the Church.
Away from law practice, Chip pursues his other interests. He is a recognized novelist. He has authored four novels, Tempesta’s Dream, A Song for Bellafortuna, Saving the Music and Sicilian Melody. His books have been named as Amazon Bestsellers and Saving the Music was named a Short List Finalist in the William Faulkner Writing Competition, Gold Medal Winner of the Global Book Award and has been awarded the American Fiction Award in Historical Fiction. He gives talks on opera and Italian culture. He has appeared on WWL Radio and The Catholic Channel on Sirius Radio.
Married for over twenty-five years, he has two college age children.
Chip LoCoco would be happy to assist you with your legal needs.
Many and LoCoco, Attorneys at Law
New Orleans, Louisiana
Attorney, August 1993 – Present
- Over 20 years of experience in the private practice of law
- AV Preeminent rated attorney by Martindale Hubbell
- Named as a Top Rated Lawyer in the State of Louisiana by the Times-Picayune
- Recognized by New Orleans Magazine as a New Orleans area “Top Lawyer”
- Recognized as a Top Rated Lawyer in Trusts and Estates
- Named as a Top 100 Lawyer in Wills, Trusts and Estates by The National Advocates
- Emphasis on estate planning and probate
- Drafting Last Wills and Testaments to fit client’s needs
- Estate tax consequences
- Handled large client base with many different needs
- Contract drafting and reviewing
- Court appointed attorney for interdiction proceedings
- Represented the municipal Sewerage and Water Board employees in a privatization attempt of the entire water and plumbing system of New Orleans
Hailey MacNamara, Attorneys at Law
Law Clerk, May 1992–May 1993
- Large insurance defense firm
- Drafted pleadings, wrote briefs and outlined depositions
- Researched legal matters
Sewerage and Water Board of New Orleans
New Orleans, Louisiana
Law Clerk, May 1991-May 1992
- Researched legal matters for in house counsel
- Wrote briefs for 4th Circuit Court of Appeal
Loyola University Law School
New Orleans, Louisiana, August 1990-May 1993
Degree: Juris Doctor
Loyola University of New Orleans
New Orleans, Louisiana, August 1986-May 1990
Degree: Bachelor of Arts
- Dean’s List
- Baseball Team Captain
Jesuit High School
New Orleans, Louisiana, August 1982-May 1986
- Cum Laude graduate
- Baseball Team Letterman
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member Trusts, Estate, Probate and Immovable Property Law Section
- St. Thomas More Catholic Lawyers Association
- New Orleans Estate Planning Council
- The Italian American Bar Association
- St. Pius X School Board
- St. Pius X Parish Pastoral Council, Past President
- St. Pius X Men’s Club, President
- Lakeview Baseball head coach
- Lakeview Soccer head coach
- Fort St. John Committee
- Krewe of Thoth
- Cefalutana, Sicily Society of New Orleans
- Metropolitan Opera Guild
- New Orleans Opera Association
- Our Lady of Wisdom Healthcare Center Fundraising Committee
- Lakeview Playground Board of Directors
- Loyola University Alumni Board
- Jesuit High School Alumni Board
- Awarded the Order of St. Louis Medal by the Archdiocese of New Orleans
- Author of novels
- Tempesta’s Dream
- A Song for Bellafortuna
- Saving the Music
- Sicilian Melody
- Speaker at universities on Italian Culture
- Married to Wendy Hemel LoCoco
- Two Children