Born and raised in New Orleans, Louisiana, Vincent LoCoco counseled thousands of clients on a range of issues throughout his legal career, that spanned over fifty years. He was the founding partner of Many & LoCoco, which was recognized by Martindale-Hubbell as an AV® Preeminent rated law firm, the highest such possible rating available.
Mr. LoCoco graduated from Jesuit High School in New Orleans in 1952. He attended St. Benedict Seminary in Covington, Louisiana and in 1956, he received his undergraduate degree in philosophy from Notre Dame Seminary in New Orleans, Louisiana. During the years 1956 -1958, he was sent by Archbishop Rummel to Rome, Italy to study at the Pontifical North American College. While there, he attended the Gregorian University in Rome, Italy where he obtained a degree in Theology in 1958. After much reflection, Mr. LoCoco left the seminary and pursued a career in law. He received his J.D. degree from Loyola University in 1962, where he was the Associate Editor of the Law Review. He married the former Lynda Goodier, and began his law practice and the raising of his family.
For over twenty years, Mr. LoCoco was the special litigation attorney for the S&WB of New Orleans. He was the co-founder of the Many & LoCoco Law Firm which began in 1967 with the late M. Hepburn Many, a former US Attorney. In 1993, Mr. LoCoco’s son, Vincent B. “Chip” LoCoco, joined the firm. Mr. LoCoco has argued cases in many Courts, including the Louisiana Supreme Court.
Vincent passed away in 2017, and was survived by his wife, Lynda, his three children, and ten grandchildren. His son, Chip LoCoco, continues running the firm to this day.
- Holy Rosary Elementary School, 1939-48
- Jesuit High School, 1948-52
- St. Benedict Seminary, 1952-54, A.A.
- Notre Dame Seminary, 1954-56, A.B.
- Gregorian University, Rome, 1956-58 S.T.B.
- Loyola University, 1959-62, J.D.
- Associate Editor, Loyola Law Review
- Chairman, Natural Law Institute
- Blue Key; Alpha Sigma Nu
- Partner, Many & LoCoco
- Private Practice of Law, 1962 to date
- General Counsel, Sewerage & Water Board of New Orleans, 1968-1983
- Research Assistant,Codes of Criminal Procedure and Evidence Projects, Louisiana State Law Institute, 1960-67
- American, Louisiana State and New Orleans Bar Associations
- Louisiana State Law Institute (in the past)
- St. Thomas More Catholic Lawyers Association
- Vice President 1981-85
- Citizens for Educational Freedom, Louisiana Chapter,
- President 1983 to 1992
- Archdiocesan School Board, 1973-79
- President 1977-79
- Holy Rosary School Board
- President 1970-85
- Holy Rosary Parish Council, 1970-2008
- Marriage Tribunal, Procurator
- Archdiocesan Synod, Chairman for Section on the Laity
- Holy Name Society, Eucharistic Minister, Lector and Usher, Holy Rosary Parish (to 2008)
Married to Lynda Goodier LoCoco in 1962
- Pamela LoCoco Montz, B.A. M.B.A.
- Elizabeth LoCoco Doody, B.S., M.B.S.
- Vincent Benedict LoCoco, B.A., J.D.
- Ten (10) grandchildren